Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Update

Alright, I admit that I am not the most up to date blogger. But I am going to try harder now that we live so far away. Which needs explaining itself...as some still might not know we moved or why.

We have moved to Saint Charles, Missouri. It is a suburb on the west side of St. Louis on the other side of the Missouri river. The cities near St. Louis all finger in and out of each other. So instead of having one suburn of 70,000 like Nampa is to Boise, there are like 80something smaller cities of anywhere from 3,000 to 20,000. Even though it all seems the same to me:)

ANyway, Torrey found this amazing job in St. Louis, we had been looking around for a few months as his job situation began to "fizzer" but honestly, I had to look on a map to know exactly where Missouri was. Yes I'd heard of it but didn't know it was as far south as it is.

In late July we flew out here for job interviews and to pick out a house, we flew home, i went to Dallas a day later for a week, then the Cabin for a few days then came home, packed and we were gone. That fast.

It had only been a month since the job interview and moving in to this house. Mind you the home I picked out when we came in July fell through and I had to pick one out on the internet.

With the help of Lacee and Houston, we drove out here driving 18 hours! the first day then the final 6 the next.

We lived at Rennaissance Suites for a week waiting on our moving truck. Triton calls it our first home...fine by me!

Triton started school and Torrey started work the following Monday and we are feeling more normal now.

our new address is:

932 Squirrels Nest Ct.

Saint Charles, MO 63303

and yes we have squirrels, the little turds eat my bird food:)


Stay tuned for pictures of all our new adventures!

1 comment:

Mellonee said...

Thanks for the story. There will be lots of fun adventures I'm sure! Keep us posted.